The Early Warning Signs of a Clogged Dishwasher
Your home dishwasher is the perfect example of an appliance you don’t realize how much you need until it’s broken. Since they are connected to your water supply line, dishwashers can get clogged just as often as toilets, drains, and other pipes, but don’t typically get the same attention. When not working properly, the dishwasher does not clean the dishes as well as it should, inconveniencing you and your family. At A1 Service Plumbing in Orlando, we don’t want you to be unprepared in case of a clogged dishwasher. Here are some early warning signs you should watch out for in your Central Florida home.
- Dirty dishes: This is likely the most obvious sign on the list. After running the dishwasher, you may see signs of food and other debris, which means the dishwasher didn’t fill up with water properly.
- Unusual sounds: All dishwashers make a little noise, but when you hear something particularly loud or abnormal, it’s time to get it checked out. In dishwashers specifically, you may hear a gurgling, thumping, or shaking. These may be signs of a clog leading to built-up pressure in the system.
- Water backup in the sink: The dishwasher and kitchen sink are both connected to the same drainage system. So, if the dishwasher is running and you notice water sitting in the sink, a clog is a very real possibility. Try running the garbage disposal when the dishwasher is turned off as food may be the source of the problem. If the problem persists, it may be time to call a professional.
- Standing water: When you open the dishwasher after the cycle has been completed and see a pool of dirty water at the bottom, this means the appliance isn’t draining properly. This can be a big problem because the leftover water can lead to mold that spreads to the dishware and other items inside.
- A slower-than-usual drain: The dishwasher or kitchen sink may be draining water slower than usual, which means a partial clog is likely the cause.
Any other potential issues with your dishwasher are not limited to this list. If you notice any uncommon sign that something isn’t working, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Sometimes, you can try running the appliance again with a little detergent to see if the problem is repeated. In any case, you will want a trusted professional to take a look at the pipes. A1 Service Plumbing is your local Orlando expert in dishwashers and more.
About A1 Service Plumbing
Leaks, clogs, and standing water may be a small inconvenience now but could lead to greater issues in the future. Burst pipes, for example, are an extensive and costly plumbing emergency. If you and your family are seeking professional help for your dishwasher or other appliance, A1 Service Plumbing in Orlando, FL is here to help. Our team is made up of experts in all matters of plumbing. For more information about our services, reach out to A1 Service Plumbing today. We offer 24-hour emergency service around the clock.